Nominate an educator
The Prime Minister’s Awards for Excellence in Early Childhood Education
These awards honor outstanding and innovative early childhood educators for their leadership, exemplary early childhood education practices, and their commitment to help build the foundation children need to make the best possible start in life.
2018 Nomination Guidelines
Who is eligible?
- Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada;
- Educators who have successfully completed training in early childhood education and care;
- Candidates who have provided direct education and care to young children at least 15 hours per week in a licensed childcare centre for the past three years.
Here is the full list of eligibility criteria.
What do winners receive?
Recipients of the award receive the following:
- Cash awards worth up to $5,000
- A certificate from the Prime Minister
- Promotion of their best practices in early education and care
- National recognition for their contribution to excellence in education in Canada
How do I nominate an early childhood educator?
Nominators need to submit a detailed nomination package that includes:
- A nomination text that shows how the educator meets the five selection criteria
- Three letters of support from people who know and support the educator
- Supporting documentation that confirms the educator’s eligibility
How do I get started?
Start the nomination process today by downloading a nomination package (PDF 161KB, 8 pages).
Nomination packages must be submitted to the Prime Minister’s Awards program office by email or regular mail by January 12, 2018. Late entries will not be considered.