Year of Alumni
Dean of Education, Dr. Blye Frank, and the Faculty of Education celebrated the Year of Alumni from September 2015 to August 2016.
As part of the Faculty’s Year of… thematic initiative and in conjunction with the University of British Columbia’s Centennial, the Faculty of Education also recognized Education’s 100 to recognize our outstanding and diverse alumni.
The Year of Alumni contributed to UBC’s Place and Promise and focused on key priorities of the Faculty of Education by,
- Recognizing the outstanding contributions of our diverse alumni community locally, nationally and internationally.
- Building on current professional development resources to increase accessibility and applicability to today’s career climate.
- Expanding alumni networking opportunities through online forums and social events.
- Developing greater links between current education research and practice through communication, programs and events.
- Enhancing awareness of innovative developments in the Faculty to enhance the experience of students and future educators.
Over the year, each Faculty of Education department/program, research centre/institute, and service unit was encouraged to enhance some aspect of alumni engagement in its teaching, research, and community engagement activities.
If you are interested in more information on our alumni community or keeping connected please Contact Us.