UBC recognizes the unique challenges and opportunities associated with community-university partnerships. Whether you’re at the beginning, middle or end of a project, the Community-University Engagement Support Fund (CUES) is designed to supplement traditional academic grant monies and offset costs incurred by community partners.
CUES is a one-time fund to be allocated upfront to not-for-profit community partners by March 31, 2018. Funds are to be spent and accounted for within a year of receipt.
A total $150,000 funding envelope is available across three streams:
- Seed Fund (up to $15,000 per project; min. $7,500)
- Helps get community-engaged projects off the ground
- Bridge Fund (up to $30,000 per project; min. $15,000)
- Helps keep partnerships afloat between grants and during proposal writing stages
- Implementation Fund (up to $30,000 per project; min. $15,000)
- Activates community-engaged projects through knowledge mobilization, translation or exchange
The CUES deadline is February 1, 2018. Application packages will be available in early January.
Learn more at the upcoming information session to be held January 10, 2018.