Each year, Dean Blye Frank extends the Faculty’s appreciation for the valuable contributions of our staff through an award for staff excellence. This award recognizes excellence in staff service and support within the Faculty. The winner will have their name engraved on the Staff Excellence Award plaque, located in the Neville Scarfe foyer, and will receive $1,000.
Award Criteria: (the individual is to have accomplished some or all of the following)
- Maintained a consistently high quality of service to faculty, staff, students and alumni
- Served as role models to others through openness to new ways of doing things and consistently positive interactions
- Established and maintained exemplary and inclusive people practices
- Provided a sense of purpose, vision and mission for their co-workers and/or staff
- Invested time and effort in coaching and/or mentoring
- Created new, cost-effective and/or innovative methods for performing day-to-day activities
- Positively influenced others to build consensus and action around departmental or organizational objectives
- Managed and led change initiatives effectively
All permanent full-time and part-time staff, with appointments of two years or more, in the Faculty of Education are eligible.
The completed award nomination package must include:
- Nomination Form: Signed by the Unit Head/Director.
- Letters of Support: A minimum of two (2) and maximum of five (5) support letters from colleagues, faculty members and/or students.
Please return the completed award nomination package on or before April 14, 2017 to:
Michael Murphy, Dean’s Assistant
Room 2616, Neville Scarfe Building
email@example.com (Electronic nomination packages are encouraged and welcome.)
All nomination packages will be acknowledged. All information submitted will be kept strictly confidential. The winner will be announced and acknowledged at the Tea with the Dean on May 16, 2017.
The Committee for the Dean’s Award for Staff Excellence is made up of the Dean, Assistant Dean, Finance and the previous year’s award winner. This Committee will administer, receive, evaluate and recommend the winner.