UBC Faculty of Education Dean Blye Frank recognized several outstanding staff members nominated for the 2018 Faculty of Education Dean’s Award for Staff Excellence and announced Frederick Brown, Research Assistant Technician of EDCP and Dr. Heather Frost, Director, Research Support Services, Office of Research, as the recipients of this year’s award.
Additional outstanding staff nominated for the award and recognized at the annual Tea with the Dean Event included: Erika Hughes, Administrative Assistant to the Head, Dr. Abdi of EDST and Alexandra Allen, Graduate Program Assistant of ECPS.
The award recognizes excellence in staff service and support and acknowledges nominated staff who go above and beyond their defined duties to contribute to the Faculty. The award reflects the following criteria:
- Maintains a consistently high quality of service
- Serves as a role model
- Establishes and maintains exemplary and inclusive people practices
- Provides a sense of purpose, vision and mission for co-workers or staff
- Invests time and effort in coaching and/or mentoring
- Positively influences others to build consensus and action around departmental or organizational objectives
Frederick and Heather’s names will be engraved on the Staff Excellence Award plaque, located in the Neville Scarfe foyer, and will receive a keeper plaque and $1,000