When: March 22-23, 2018 | 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Where: Simon Fraser University at Harbour Centre, 515 West Hastings Street, Vancouver
MindFlow is an international, multi-disciplinary gathering of some of the most prolific academics and most prominent applied practitioners, who are operating worldwide to push the boundaries of mindfulness and flow training in the sports and high performance arenas.
There is a growing belief that the expansion of our knowledge of mindfulness training techniques and of our ability to access flow states will contribute to a paradigm shift in training high performing talent and a subsequent leap in performance parameters.
MindFlow Performance provides a forum to network, create research collaborations, disseminate the latest research findings and practices, challenge current obstacles to implementation and draw a road map for future development in the field.
Consisting of an International Research Roundtable forum and a two day International Scientific Symposium, MindFlow Performance presents attendees with an opportunity to listen to respected speakers report their academic work; present case studies and explain their practical performance strategies; engage in discussions with colleagues from around the globe; and watch short film presentations documenting some of the most exciting current work incorporating mindfulness and flow training. MindFlow Performance presents:
- International Research Roundtable: March 21, 2018 Invite Only
- International Scientific Symposium: March 22-23, 2018
- Fundraising Gala Dinner: March 22, 2018
MindFlow Performance welcomes a multi-disciplinary audience of psychologists, coaches, athletes, creative thinkers, doctors, teachers, business leaders & students.
An international faculty of experts will explore the integration of mindfulness training & accessing flow states, to achieve high performance in sport, the arts & creative thinking.
The Scientific Symposium will provide a forum to showcase the latest research in the field, increase communication between academic researchers & applied practitioners, whilst building collaborative links to further the understanding of the area of mindfulness & flow training in high performance environments. The symposium will consist of faculty presentations, video documentaries and practical break out sessions.
Session themes will include:
Research Advances, Mindfulness & Flow Training in Performance
- Dr John Sullivan (New England Patriots, SOCOM)
- Dr Yi-Yuan Tang (Texas Tech University)
- Dr Leslie Sherlin (Ottawa University)
Mindfulness & Flow Training in Sports & Tactical Athletes
- Dr Michael Gervais (Seattle Seahawks, Red Bull, Olympic athletes)
- Dr Angus Mugford (Performance Director, Toronto Blue Jays)
- Dr Karen MacNeill (Lead Mental Health Counsellor, Canadian Olympic Committee)
- Dr Jack J Lesyk (Director, Ohio Center for Sports Psychology)
Mindfulness & Flow Training in Business & Creative Environments
- Dr Véronique Richard (FSU, Cirque du Soleil, Canada Swimming)
- Katie Warriner (Mental Skills Lead, GB Field Hockey & England Rugby 7s)
- Dr Miles Henson (Director, People Academy, USOC)
- Max Pollack (Optimal Mindset Consulting)
Mindfulness & Flow Training in Children & Adolescents
- Dr Amy Saltzman (Director of the Association for Mindfulness in Education)
- Dr Dehra Harris (Washington University School of Medicine)
- Dr Andrea Wieland (Head of Mental Conditioning, IMG)
- David Da Silva (Mental Conditioning Coach & Mindfulness Instructor, IMG)
MindFlow Performance openly invites academic researchers and practitioners from every performance environment, around the world to contribute to the Scientific Symposium by submitting a short Video Documentary showcasing their work.