When: Thursday, November 23, 2017 | 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Where: Diamond Health Care Centre, Room 2264, 2775 Laurel Street
QPR Training is an internationally recognized suicide prevention program designed to help you question, persuade, and refer.
UBC offers free QPR Training for students, staff, and faculty to help them recognize suicide warning signs, approach someone who may be at risk, persuade the person to seek appropriate health services, and connect the person to resources that will help resolve crises. Suicide is preventable.
QPR acts as an emergency mental health intervention designed to save lives much like CPR or other methods of emergency medical intervention.
At this training, you will learn:
- How to get help for yourself;
- Tools and skills on how to prevent suicide;
- Common causes and warning signs of suicidal behaviour;
- How to Question, Persuade, and Refer someone at risk;
- How to get help for someone in crisis; and
- Familiarity with referral resources both on and off campus.
The facilitator of the session will be a trained QPR Training instructor.
For more information on QPR Suicide Prevention Training, please visit: thrive.ubc.ca/prevent-suicide/qpr/
For more information, please contact email@example.com.