On Wednesday, February 22, 2017, the Faculty of Education’s SOGI (Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity) Collective welcomed people to enjoy free posters, stickers, baked goods and chat about inclusive resources in front of the Education library. Students, staff, and faculty shared their ideas and suggestions on what Pink Day means to them, how to make Pink Day meaningful for students, or to share their Pink Day promise.
- how none of their friends felt comfortable coming out in school,
- how they want to create a more inclusive atmosphere,
- how they were bullied and never felt comfortable wearing Pink until now,
- how they plan to integrate SOGI materials into their everyday teaching practice, and
- a promise to ensure their language is inclusive.
Thanks to everyone who stopped by, and especially to Alexandra, Madeline and Benjamin who did the baking. Together we raised over $50 for the Out in Schools program.