Designed to support partnerships between the academic sector and one non-academic partner (public, private or not-for-profit), SSHRC Partnership Engage Grants put a strong emphasis on the relevance to, and involvement of, the Partner Organization.
To quote the launch text: “This new funding opportunity supports SSHRC’s commitment to excellence and its constant drive to enable research that informs public debate and leads to real impacts in the lives of Canadians.”
- $25,000 maximum award
- Deadlines 4 times per year, the first of which is September 15, 2017 (September 9 ORS deadline)
- Only one application per calendar year (Jan.-Dec.) permitted, irrespective of application results
- Results in approximately 2 months
- Cash and/or in-kind contributions from the Partner Organization are expected
- No letters of support, either from the host institution or the Partner Organization, are expected or permitted
- International participants from academic postsecondary organizations are permitted to act as Co-Applicants
- All Co-Applicants from academic institutions must submit a full SSHRC CV
August 7, 2017: Alert Robert Olaj in the ORE that you are submitting an application.
September 8, 2017 | 10:00 a.m.: Email Robert Olaj in the Office of Research in Education (ORE) a completed/signed UBC RPIF and a full PDF of your application.
September 8, 2017 | 4:30 p.m.: Email UBC Office of Research Services (ORS) deadline the ORE-signed RPIF and a copy of the application.
September 15, 2017: SSHRC national deadline.