When: May 28-June 22, 2018 | –
Staff and faculty at UBC’s Vancouver and Okanagan campuses are invited to participate in the fourth annual Pick Your Peak Stair Challenge. This four-week challenge is a fun and inclusive way to encourage our community to keep fit by taking the stairs.
This year’s Stair Challenge will run from May 28 – June 22, 2018.
Participating in the challenge is a great way to boost health, incorporate more movement in your day, and get engaged with colleagues. The challenge will include weekly random prize draws, photo challenges, and an overall prize for both the top team and top individual.
How it works:
- Register as a team or as an individual (team rankings are scored based on an average of all team members’ achievements, so a larger team won’t have an advantage over an individual)
- Select the peak you’re aiming for – from Diamond Head (232 metres) to Mount Everest (8,848 metres)
- Log your daily flights of stairs
- Submit your grand total at the end of the four weeks
- Participate for a chance to win great prizes!
What people reported from participating in the challenge:
- 60% of participants reported that the challenge had a positive impact on their overall wellbeing as well as their physical health
- 66% reported that their relationships with colleagues improved
- 69% of participants took the stairs once a day or less before the challenge
30% increase in their stair climbing/physical activity after the challenge