When: Friday, May 4, 2018 | 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Where: UBC Vancouver campus
This is a free event for all staff and faculty members and graduate students. Come and join in, enjoy some fun teamwork games and celebrate the end of the school year!
Participate as Competitive or Just For Fun team; teams are 4-6 people and you have a choice of physical and/or intellectual challenges.
You can register as an individual or team. Individuals who register will be matched with teammates from across campus who want to join your team, and if you’re already a team, your team captain can register everyone. Challenge your colleagues with our online form!
What is the Difference Between Competitive & Just for Fun?
Do you want to be a ‘Competitive’ or ‘Just for Fun’ team? It’s up to you!
Both formats offer you and your colleagues a ton of fun, we’ll ask you to decide as part of the registration process:
- Competitive teams play four activities in three different facilities and race against the clock.
- Competitive teams race for the Winners Trophy and eligible for participant prizes, as well as the Spirit Award.
- Ranked in order of finish time
- The single mass start time with other competitive teams is strongly encouraged. Competitive teams are given a fifteen minute window to arrive, but all competitive teams must be on the course by a certain time (otherwise, they risk not being able to be timed and ranked). All competitive teams are given a start time, if they show up after the mass start.
- Just for Fun play as many activities as you like until activities close.
- Just for Fun teams are eligible for participant prizes and the Spirit Award.
- Not timed, activities are open for you to play until they close.
- Mass start is optional but it’s fun! (Just for Fun teams can arrive and play at any time.)
- No ranking – it’s just for fun!
Please note: Competitive and Just For Fun teams will be on the course at the same time – we have a ton of games and capacity, so there’s plenty of choices!