RISS Program Objectives:
The goal of the Research Infrastructure Support Services (RISS) Program is to provide Education faculty members (with grant/tenure or grant/tenure track appointments as Professor, Associate Professor, or Assistant Professor) with the infrastructure support they need to pursue excellent research as defined by the disciplines represented within the departments and school. The RISS program complements competitive external research grants and internal seed funding by supporting activities that are typically ineligible for support from these sources.
- The upcoming RISS Application deadline is April 7, 2017.
- Please submit requests well in advance of the proposed activity as funding is limited.
- Due to the amount of funds available, applicants are limited to one request per academic year.
- Applicants can request between $500 to $10,000. Note the adjudication criteria below with regard to budget requests being realistic (an example of a $10,000 application might be for UBC matching funds to go towards a SSHRC Partnership Development Grant).
- Requests must be well justified and supporting documentation should be provided where appropriate. For instance, a request for editorial support should be accompanied by evidence of what costs are, and are not, supported by the publisher (e.g. a book contract).
- Please submit proposals by email to Heather Frost.