Please submit complete applications by email to Education Research by 4:00 PM, Monday May 4, 2020.
Funding for the Faculty of Education Jacqueline Farquhar Endowment for Children’s Mental Health is made available through a fund established by the Vancouver School Board and Jacqueline’s family and friends, and is specifically designed to carry on her passion for enhancing schools’ capacity to identify and respond to students struggling with depression and anxiety.
The primary goals of the Jacqueline Farquhar Endowment for Children’s Mental Health are to:
- translate completed research into accessible forms that community stakeholders and educators can utilize, disseminate and take into the classroom and/or community with a goal of impacting practice;
- find practical uses for completed research, for example, the production of a brochure, books, workshops, instructional materials, web sites, etc., with a clear potential for impact on practice (technology component as a tool for sharing); and
- increase the awareness of issues relating to children’s mental health.
Terms of Reference
- Funds are open to faculty/graduate student teams, consisting of at least one member of the Faculty of Education professoriate (Assistant Professors, Associate Professors and Professors) and one or more graduate students registered in the UBCV Faculty of Education. The faculty member is expected to play a leadership role in the knowledge mobilization project. One grant per collaborative team project is available.
- Graduate students who are on leave or on extension are ineligible to apply for this funding.
- Funds are not intended to support data collection or analysis of research but rather to support activities designed to disseminate and mobilize research findings or outcomes to the community through an activity or product.
- A total of $6,000 is available for this competition. The term of the award is 12-months from the date of notification.
- Successful applicants are expected to communicate the results of their project to the Faculty of Education Development Office within one month of the end of the term of the award.
For more information, please contact:
Office of Research in Education (ORE)