The Collaborative Research Mobility Awards (CRMA) are designed to facilitate collaboration on timely research opportunities between UBC researchers in Vancouver and the Okanagan. Competitions are held four times per year with a rapid review and decision process.
Funding can be used to:
- initiate new or strengthen existing research collaborations;
- enable travel to access unique infrastructure/core facilities at each location or to hold research meetings; and
- support travel, per diems, and accommodations for UBC researchers
- $100,000 is available to researchers across all disciplines at either campus to build or strengthen collaborations with the other campus.
May 5, 2020
August 5, 2020
How to Apply
Researchers are invited to submit a free-form 1-page proposal that includes:
- a description of the purpose for the travel, including an identification of researchers involved at UBCV and UBCO. If travel outside UBC is proposed, then applicants have to make a strong case for the added value of meeting elsewhere;
- anticipated outcomes of the award, e.g., starting or strengthening a collaboration, accessing infrastructure or core facilities available at the other location, or initiating a collaborative grant proposal, undertaking a component of a research study; and
- a budget including a brief justification and the anticipated start and end date.
Faculty members from all disciplines who are eligible to hold research grants can apply.
A total funding envelope of $100,000 is available for this one-year funding cycle. Funding cannot be used for the direct costs of research or to support meetings that would have otherwise happened. The funding cap per proposal is $5,000. Applicants are able to hold a maximum of two awards per one-year funding cycle.
For more information on the submission and selection process, please visit the CRMA webpage.
Questions should be directed to Stacey Herzer (firstname.lastname@example.org), 604-827-2379.