As part of its recognition of the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation, the UBC Faculty of Education is pleased to announce a new award, the Reconciliation and Decolonization Alumni Award.
Nominations are now open until March 31, 2023.
The UBC Faculty of Education Reconciliation and Decolonization Alumni Award: Recognizing alumni who are reconciling or decolonizing education, acknowledges extraordinary alumni who have demonstrated exceptional leadership, integrity, respect, and commitment to furthering decolonization efforts or reconciliation with Indigenous Peoples or communities, or who have inspired others to continue decolonization or reconciliation efforts. The awardee may be Indigenous or non-Indigenous.
- Have a graduate and/or undergraduate degree from the Faculty of Education—while not a requirement, preference will be given to alum who have graduated within the last 15 years
- Understand experiences and knowledge about reconciling and/or decolonizing education
- Demonstrate leadership and/or mentorship in reconciling and/or decolonizing
- Have a track record in advancing collaborative and inclusive stances and/or initiatives related to reconciling and decolonizing
- Have plans for advancing reconciliation and/or decolonization
While previous award winners are not eligible, previous nominees may be re-nominated.
To nominate an individual for the Reconciliation and Decolonization Alumni Award, complete the Nomination Form below by the deadline. Nominations must include:
- Nomination letter (no more than 2 pages)
- Two letters of support (each no more than 2 pages)
- One optional file/piece of information in any form (must fit on no more than two standard 8.5”x 11” pages)
Nominators need not be UBC alumni.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com or (604) 827-2221.