Every day, people on and off-campus work together on joint initiatives that benefit both the community and the university. Engaged research, experiential learning, planning and policy development, educational programming, dialogue projects, workshops – our impact grows when we work together.
The Community Engagement Partnership Recognition Fund (PRF) is designed to help fill small resource gaps and acknowledge the contributions that community partners make to UBC. It also aims to raise awareness about the value of relationships and working together in a thoughtful way.
Who can apply?
Co-applicants that represent community partner(s) and current UBC faculty, staff or student(s) can apply. Funds go directly to community partners. A community partner must be a registered charity or qualified donee listed by Canada Revenue Agency.
For the regular stream: Partnerships must already be established and have a history of working together for at least one year.
For the non-market housing stream eligibility is consistent with the existing PRF criteria except:
- These can be new partnerships (whereas the general PRF requires a year of existing partnership)
- Applications will be assessed on how the collaboration furthers the ideas articulated in the report that came out of the UBC President’s Community-University Roundtable on Non-Market Housing Innovation.
If you are not sure if you qualify please contact us (email@example.com).
Strong PRF applications will indicate how they intend to address the following objectives:
- Fill a resource gap that supports community to partner with UBC.
- Address an identified need of the community partner and/or the community they serve.
- Improve community access to UBC research, teaching and learning resources.
- Provide mutual benefit to both community and UBC partners.
Still have questions? We’re here to help. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org